First day on the job, and I’m already loving it. I can tell already it is going to be a tiring one, but worth it, as I’m getting stuck in and it feels pretty rewarding. Still can’t believe I have got such a fantastic job, I’m too lucky.
I’ve also had my first (Uni) Skype conversation with my friend who is in Cardiff, and it wasn’t until she said “Your miles away up North” that it hit me that I’m miles away up North. Freshers photos have been slowly popping up on my news feed on Facebook, which are both hilarious and a little surreal. I’m super excited to hear about it all though, and it is so nice to hear them all loving it (they’re missing me loads though obviously, crying every night, I’m sure).
And finally, to cheer me up after a rough week, I was nominated for the ‘One Lovely Blog Award’ by the lovely Sian of dreamsandsunsian (Professional Dreamer)! Thank you so so so much, I’m so chuffed! It has made me ridiculously happy that people have been reading my little blog, and it spurs me on even more to keep writing it. I started it only expecting my mum and dad to read it, and it has been far from that – I’m so grateful!!! Definitely check Sian’s blog out, it is wonderful and fairly new, and she writes some wonderful posts which give an insight into her lovely thoughts. Thanks again!!!
So there are a few rules to this lovely award, so here we go!
1. You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
2. You must list the rules.
3. You must add 7 facts about yourself.
4. You must nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5. You must display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.
So time to write facts and do some nominating! 🙂
7 Facts About Me:
- I collect thimbles. No seriously, my dad made me a lovely thimble holder and it still wasn’t big enough for them all. I’ve even received thimbles off various friends. My mum used to collect them, so they must have got me into it when I was little, and I tend to buy one or two thimbles every time I go away… I do have certain rules though; No more than one thimble of the place, city etc… and one thimble from a landmark. E.g. I can have one ‘Rome’ thimble, and one ‘Colosseum’ thimble. It’s a serious business, guys.
- I play a few instruments. Music geek here, and proud. Violin is the posh one, Acoustic Guitar is the most played one, Bass Guitar is the cool one, Piano is the one I play quite badly, Ukulele is the one I never know whether to admit to. And I like a good sing, but I’m not anything special. Lalalaaaa.
- I had an unhealthy obsession with the band Muse for quite a while. And I’m still not fully over it. I got excited in Costco the other day because one of the TVs was playing a Muse video, and I made my mum and dad come over and watch it. My dad hates Muse.
- I have a lot of Oscar Wilde stuff because he is totally cool. I don’t know, I really like Oscar Wilde. I think it just happened after I read ‘The Importance of Being Earnest’ when I was 14/15, and got really into his works. I just fell a bit in love with his aesthetic obsession, and even did my final piece of A2 Lit coursework partly based on ‘The Picture of Dorian Gray‘. So now I have quotes of his on my wall, an Oscar Wilde bag, t-shirt, quote book and a beautiful copy of all of his works off my best friend which I cried when I received. Oooh, and I saw ‘The Judas’ Kiss’ in the West End and it was amazinggg. I’m weird, I don’t know.
- Ummm. I wear glasses. I’m quite blind in one eye, which actually doesn’t bother me that much because the other eye isn’t too bad, so I’m naughty and don’t wear my glasses as much as I should. But that’s partly because my prescription in my right eye is so strong that it magnifies my eye a bit, (and I look a bit dodgy).
- Mexican food is the best thing ever. Although I have a feeling I won’t be having it as much as I used to any more.
- I’m really sad because I won’t be baking birthday cakes much this year. BECAUSE I WAS THE BAKER AND ALL MY FRIENDS ARE GONE. WOE IS ME. I’ll just have to eat all my own cake.
- Cooking Up The Pantry
- Tasha Henson
- Ali’s Adventure
- I Am A Honey Bee
- Phils Poetry Poppin
- Beautiful Life With Cancer
- Living My Choice
- Natalie’s Lovely Blog
- 1001 Scribbles
I am ashamed to say that I am actually struggling with this, as I’m still pretty new to blogging so although I follow a fair few blogs, I don’t follow many that have a similar following as I do, so any suggestions would be FAB! Also, please do not feel obliged to follow up on this, as I understand I’m just a teeny, weeny blog… But I’d love it if you did!!!
Thank you again for the nomination, and thank you to all those who read my silly, little blog! Rhiannon 🙂