Cooking again. This time I danced to electro music whilst making a very easy butternut squash casserole. It was pretty chill. Now I am blasting Kanye whilst writing this, which is also pretty chill. I think I’m just chill. Maybe it is the detox pukka tea. Probably.
Back to food? I think that might be a good idea.
This recipe is vegetarian, gluten free and I don’t know. Dairy free? Yeah, it’s dairy free. I know people like these things. I just wanted to use a butternut squash.
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1 onion, sliced
– 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
– 1 tsp cumin seeds
– 1 tbsp paprika
– 1 butternut squash, cubed
– About 2 sweet potatoes, cubed
– 1 red pepper
– Can of chopped tomatoes
– 200ml red wine
– 300ml vegetable stock
– About 100g quinoa
– Greek Yoghurt (unless you want to go dairy free but if not it is dead nice, I promise)
1. Heat your olive oil in a large pan until it sizzles and scares you. Cook your onions and garlic on a low heat until the onions are soft. Took about 5 minutes or so for me, BET YOU CAN’T BEAT ME (Cooking is not a competition, kids).
2. Plonk in your spices and toss the onions and garlic in them for a minutes or two.
3. Time to stick in the butternut squash, sweet potato and red pepper. Toss them about and cover them with the spices then leave for about 15 – 20 minutes, on a medium heat.
4. Add the red wine (hiccup), take a selfie with red wine, then add the vegetable stock and the tomatoes. Give it a stir, then add the quinoa.
5. Cover it up and simmer on a low to medium heat until the vegetables are soft and the liquid has been absorbed. Think it took about 20 minutes, but I was too busy dancing to electro to be sure.
6. Serve it with a big dollop of Greek yoghurt.
Happy cooking ^_^
(Adapted from a BBC good food recipe)