It is the 28th of February and I feel slightly at a loss. I decided I would write two blogposts a month at least, and it is not exactly a massive task, but at the moment I am struggling to come with up a solid post on one thing in particular. I really didn’t want to write a post going through the main events of the month, because let’s face it, my life isn’t interesting enough for anyone to find that particularly inspiring or enjoyable.
However, I had a chat with a friend on the phone last night about not being a perfectionist all the time. I wouldn’t say I’m a perfectionist at all, but I have been putting off writing a post because I wanted it to be right. I wanted it to be a post that people read and thought it was worth the few minutes they gave me from their day.
But then I remembered, I’m an 18 year old with a blog, writing about completely pointless things because it is my way of being sentimental. As much I like the idea that every word I write will change your whole viewpoint on LIFE ITSELF, I’m not George Orwell and I’m not exactly writing about life changing things. Which is okay. I just like writing; rambling on so I can look back and think I didn’t waste that year after all.
So allow me to be self-indulgent and write about February from my viewpoint, because this has become a public diary and I don’t want to keep over thinking everything I write just to get some weird form of ‘perfection’ from a post about a fairly laid back and relatively uneventful space of time.
February has gone in a flash, and within those 28 short days I have done some lovely things. I can firmly say, it has been a fantastic month. I have not done anything particularly extraordinary – visiting Durham was about as ‘wild’ as it got – but I think it is important to have those months were everything is pretty calm, so then next month – when I am hoping to perhaps get out the country for a bit and my friends are home for Easter – will feel well deserved.
The Pointless Diary of Notable Events That Occurred in February:
- 1st February -On the day after a really good night out with some friends, I went, with only a slightly fuzzy head, to get an electric drum kit which my uncle was selling me. So far it’s going well, and I am a little bit in love with it. I still don’t know when I can officially say I can play the drums, but I am definitely getting there at least. I also now have all the instruments to play Mama Don’t by J.J. Cale in my rather jam packed room.
- 6th February – One of my friends came home for the weekend from University and we went to an amazing burger restaurant hidden down a backstreet in Liverpool, called Almost Famous Burgers. It was mental, and I even got a fortune cookie with my cocktail which read ‘You will be attracted to an older, more experienced person’ – still waiting on that one.
- 8th February – Went to work (even though it was Sunday and I work in a school…) to help with the school production rehearsals. More on that later. My lovely cousin then came round for tea before she continued her travels and told me about a festival I could volunteer to help with in Austria. I’ve applied, so who knows, perhaps I’ll be in Austria in April (finger’s crossed).
- 14th February – Valentine’s Day, aw. Single, aw. I actually had a really lovely day, and even went to town with some friends in the evening and we all had an amazing night. Easily one of the best night’s out I’ve had in a while, mainly because we spent most of the night in the club with rock music and I actually know all those songs.
- 16th – 20th February – Plug, plug, plug, plug, plug….
- 22nd February – My Dad turned 50 so we fussed him and put photos of him a kid up in the living room. We also went for a meal with some family. I really enjoyed having both sides of my family at one meal, as I often only get to see my mum’s side for things like that, so to spend time with two of my cousins who I don’t see enough made me very happy.
- 24th February – I met up with a friend for coffee who is having a pretty tough time at the moment. As heartbreaking as it was to see a friend feeling down, it was lovely to meet up and be able to properly talk about things. I think it is so easy to live through email, skype, text and facebook and forget that it is always best to just talk face-to-face. You can’t give hugs through a screen.
- 27th February – My parents went to Warsaw for the weekend leaving my dog and I to wreck my house. So what did I do with a whole house to myself? WHAT CRAZY, IRRESPONSIBLE SINS DID I COMMIT?
Well I just skyped my mates and made a lot of daisy props for that school show, really.
- 28th February – Today has been making more props, recording songs but then breaking a string on my guitar and having no spares, and sitting writing this. I am going out with some friends later because I promise I am trying to not be a complete recluse.
February, you were pretty nice. I look forward to, March.